Meade Polaris 130 EQ3 Reflector Telescope
Meade Polaris Series Telescopes
Journey into the depths of the universe from the comfort of own back garden with Meade Polaris Telescopes. Developing and delivering high-quality optics for over 4 decades, the Polaris proves to be yet another success story in the age-old, respected Meade legacy, featuring impressive apertures and high-resolution optics for delivering strikingly bright and clear views of the night sky.
Get the Whole Family Involved
Allowing the entire family to share in the wonders of astronomy, the Polaris Series come with everything you need to get started in a single box so you can spend more time enjoying your hobby and less time setting up. With preassembled tripod and easy to follow set-up guide you can be observing the night sky within minutes.
Reach for the Stars (and the Moon…and the Planets…)
Whether you intend on observing the lunar surface, distant planets, stars and galaxies or other space phenomenon, the Polaris Series feature a range of apertures and interchangeable eyepieces for detailed observation of variety of interesting objects at your preferred magnification. Working in line with the Earth’s natural rotation, stable German Equatorial mounts and slow motion controls make the Polaris particularly suited to deep space observations and smooth tracking of objects as they move across the night sky. The included red dot finder scope aids the location of the desired objects with precision and ease to further improve the viewing experience.
Become an Astronomy Master
Included in the box, Meade’s Autostar Suite Astronomer Edition DVD Software will help expand your celestial knowledge away from the field, providing information on more than 10,000 space objects, including planets, stars, galaxies and more. Making sure you get the most out of your observing session, it allows you to print out star charts and plan for the nights ahead.
Hands-free Tracking with Included Motor Drive
Included in this special Polaris 130MD package is a RA Motor drive that, when installed onto the telescope and switched on, allows the telescope to automatically move at the sidereal rate to track and centre any celestial object and in the your field of view for 10 to 20 minutes. Variable speed adjustment allows quick and easy adjustment of the tracking speed, whilst the convenient N/S switch permits full compatibility in both Northern and Southern hemisphere locations.
More product information
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out
- 130mm (5.1”) Reflecting Telescope delivers bright and detailed images that is perfect for viewing celestial objects
- Features a larger stable equatorial mount with slow motion controls that makes it easy to track celestial objects as they move across the night sky
- Comes with 3 eyepieces that provide low, medium and high powered magnification for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or deep-sky)
- Eyepiece1: 6.3mm (103x)
- Eyepiece2: 9mm (72x)
- Eyepiece3: 26mm (25x)
- Bonus Autostar® Suite Astronomyplanetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows® PC only)
- Barlow Lens: 2X
- Built in T-thread
- Meade telescopes will have a 2 year warranty that covers defects, usability and durability of product for this period. At our discretion warranty claims in this period will be resolved at no cost by repair or replacement. The warranty does not cover damage caused by improper use, normal wear and tear, exposure to chemicals, force majeure, or modifications or repairs performed by yourself or third parties.